Foundation / Corporation
Infinite Hero Foundation (IHF)
Grants starting at $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations to support veterans and active duty service members who have combat-related physical and mental injuries. Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Eligible programs will address the following areas: physical recovery, suicide prevention, brain health (including traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress), military families, and veteran leadership.
IHF sees itself as an investment fund for nonprofit entities pushing the envelope on developing effective treatments for heroes’ service-related mental and physical injuries.
- IHF invests in and partner with like-minded 501(c)(3) organizations that create cutting edge technologies, methods, practices, or products which advance the front lines of combat against the mental and/or physical challenges faced by military heroes and their families.
- The return on investment that IHF seeks is not financial, but societal, benefiting Service Members of all branches, Veterans and their families dealing with service-related mental and physical injuries.
- IHF provides the seed money and support for innovative ideas, for a limited time.
- Existing or potential for strong organizational leadership/governance.
- Fiscal responsibility.
Since its inception in 2012, Infinite Hero Foundation has awarded more than $3.5 million dollars in funding and support to 23 different veteran service organizations offering innovative and effective programs or treatments for service-related mental and physical injuries.
GrantWatch ID#: 158967
Program grants between $25,000 and $100,000 per cycle, per year will be considered based on need and an approved budget.
In order to be eligible for a grant from Infinite Hero, organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Be able to provide evidence of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax exemption status must be current at the time of letter of interest submission in order to be eligible.
- Provide programs and services at no cost to active duty service members or veterans in the areas of mental and physical recovery from combat-related injuries.
- Demonstrate clearly outlined goals and objectives for the program and an evaluation plan that measures qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
Infinite Hero foundation generally does not fund:
- Service dogs, equine therapy, special events, camps or excursions.
- However, they might fund part of a project designed to develop a scalable model and/or expand out an effective intervention that has proven, measurable results for service-related mental or physical injuries.
- Travel, lodging, food, or other costs involved in getting military heroes and/or their families to or from a project or service.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, or disabilities.
- Specific religious activities or beliefs organizations that require adherence to a specific religion or belief.
- Lobbying or political activities.
- Major research projects.
- Any commercial business purpose.
- Direct grants to individuals.
Infinite Hero funds must be applied directly to program costs and cannot be used for fundraising or administrative overhead.
Critical dates of Infinite Hero Foundation's grant cycle:
- Infinite Hero will be accepting Letters of Interest from qualified 501(c)(3) organizations until Monday, July 1, 2019 in consideration for the 2019 grant cycle.
- Upon review, programs selected to move forward in the grant process, will be notified no later than Friday, August 1, 2019 with an invitation to complete a formal grant application.
- Grant applications will be due in full, and in the requested format, no later than Friday, August 15, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The Infinite Hero Board of Directors, on or about October 15, 2019 will determine grants, and funds to be distributed upon an executed grant agreement.
- Announcement of the 2019 funded grants on or about Veterans Day, November 11, 2019.
- Dates are subject to change.
General FAQs: https://www.infinitehero.org/faq/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete and submit the LOI form: https://www.infinitehero.org/complete-a-letter-of-interest/
22365 EL Toro Rd, #275
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Phone: (949) 829-6446
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming