Foundation / Corporation
Bangor Savings Bank Foundation
01/01/20 - For grants between $2,000 and $5,000
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $5,000, and grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000, to Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire nonprofit organizations to promote economic development in the funding source's service area. In addition, creative programs in the areas of education, arts and culture, health and wellness, and social services may also be considered. Awards include support for program development, as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
The Foundation focuses its philanthropic efforts on improving Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont's regional and statewide economies, and lends support to compelling applications in the following areas:
- Education: Initiatives that raise student readiness, academic success, achievement and aspirations at the primary, secondary, and post-secondary levels, including but not limited to STEM education initiatives.
- Social and Civic Services: Activities directed at improving the quality of life in local communities.
- Culture and Arts: Initiatives supporting organizations that meet community needs, expand arts and cultural programming, or provide education.
- Health and Wellness: Programs essential to the underlying medical care of a community and initiatives focusing on physical and mental wellness for people of all ages.
For all proposals received, there is a preference to support projects and initiatives that do the following:
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support.
- Produce cost-effective results which can be measured and evaluated.
- Provide incentive for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem-solving.
- Encourage coordination with other efforts and do not duplicate programs in the community.
- Advance innovative and long-term strategies which will address recognized needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
GrantWatch ID#: 178822
The Foundation considers applications for grants ranging from $2,000 to $5,000, and from $5,001 to $25,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail completed application to:
The Bangor Savings Bank Foundation
24 Hamlin Way, P.O. Box 930
Bangor, Maine 04402-0930
Phone: 1.877.Bangor1 (1.877.226.4671)
USA: Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; Vermont